Metal & Mining industry
From exploration and minerals processing to steel making
The requirements in metal and mining applications are unique and challenging. As a long term supplier to the mining and metal industry, whether it be in measurement of abrasive mining slurries or dusty aggregates in quarries to coolants in steel mills: KROHNE provides the innovative measurement solutions to meet the demanding process requirements.
Mining and minerals processing applications present numerous process and operational challenges to operators in terms of maintaining measurement accuracy, reliability and asset uptime. KROHNE products are available for every facet of these industries, whether it be the exploration and processing of precious metals and coal, the inventory and distribution of bulk solids, or safety critical utility applications in steel manufacture. Our portfolio is dedicated to using operating resources cost-efficiently, increasing plant uptimes, meeting high safety requirements and gaining the best possible product yield.
Minerals & Mining
- Flow measurement of abrasive slurries (e.g.in hydrocyclone feedlines)
- Concentration measurement (e.g. of tailings thickener underflow)
- Monitoring of water usage, even in remote areas without power supply
- Pit-dewatering and other wastewater disposal and treatment applications
- Level measurement in rock crushers and aggregate quarries, on conveyors, coal stockpiles, coke bunkers etc.
- Flow and level applications in the manufacture of building materials (cement etc.)
- Various utility applications (underground mine ventilation etc.)
Iron, Steel & Metal
- Temperature monitoring in continuous casting lines
- Flow monitoring of coolants in water-jacketed blast furnaces
- Flow measurement of oxygen supply
- Purgemetering of protective gases in furnace applications
- Free chlorine monitoring in cooling water systems
KROHNE Global Industry Division Metal & Mining
Headquartered in Duisburg, Germany, our Global Industry Division is dedicated to serving customers in the Metal & Mining industry. Our offering extends from elementary process instrumentation up to fully engineered systems, and from engineering consultancy during the design phase, through to on-site commissioning and training. With presence in around 100 countries, local support is usually available from just around the corner. This applies whether the application can be covered by standard instrumentation, or is more challenging, where a one-off solution with dedicated process diagnostics is required.